Daniel Suarez is a professional nurse with more than 30 years of experience in the nursing field. During his career, he has held several positions as a Clinician and Nurse Recruiter in several hospitals around New York City. Currently, he is the Assoc. Director of Sales for the NY Region at Nurse.com, the premier magazine for nursing professionals. Prior to joining Nurse.com, he was Assoc. Director of Nursing and Nurse Recruiter at Lincoln Hospital, North Central Bronx Hospital and New York Downtown Hospital. Besides having a successful professional career, he is also very involved in the Hispanic community to help students and young professionals to pursue a career in Nursing while giving back to their communities. Presently, Mr. Suarez is the 16th President of the National Association of Hispanic Nurses and past president of the NY Chapter. He graduated from Stony Brook University with a BS in Nursing, and he also earned a Master degree from the Teachers College at Columbia University.
Mr. Suarez, has received numerous honors and awards:
- 2007 NYU Latino Institute leadership Award
- Lutheran Medical Centers 2007 Community leadership award
- 2008 Lillian Wald Medal of Honor Espirit Award
- 2008 Distinguished Alumni Award from Stony Brook University
- 2009 St. Vincent Medical Centers Mission Award for Community service
- 2010 April was inducted into New York Academy Medicine as a FELLOW
- 2012 Board Member of Nurses Educational Funds, Inc.
- 2013 Board Member of R.A.I.N. Regional Aid for Interim Needs, Inc.
- 2013 Board Member of the GNYAHR Greater NY Assoc. of Health Care Recruiters
- 2014 Board member of the Campaign for Action’s Diversity Steering Committee
- CO-Chair of the campaign for Action Nurses on Boards Coalition steering committee(NOBC)
- 2014 NATIONAL LEAGUE FOR NURSING- Member Diversity Strategic Action Group
- 2014 American Red Cross National Nursing Committee liaison member
- 2014 American Medical Association- Member Commission to End HealthCare Disparities
- 2014 American Heart Association-Diversity Leadership Committee member
- 2014 RWJ Foundation Diversity Council Member- Nominated RWJF Strategic Communications Training program 2015
- 2015 Transitional Optical, Inc. Advisory Board member