Call For Abstracts
Asian American Pacific Islander Nurses Association’s
14th Annual Conference
East Meets West in Global Health Nursing Research, Practice, and Leadership
March 24-26, 2017
University of Hawaii at Manoa, Honolulu, HI
Deadline for abstract submission: November 1, 2016
We invite you to submit abstracts for podium, poster, or symposia presentations that reflect the theme of the conference
covering a variety of topics and aspects pertaining to nursing practice, leadership, management, education, and research.
All submissions should be made by e-mail to Kristine Qureshi, PhD, RN, chair of the Research Abstract Committee at: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday October 1, 2016. The email subject line must read “AAPINA abstract submission.” Please be sure to follow the instruction for abstract format below. Notification of acceptance will be made via email by November 30, 2016 or earlier.
Abstract Submission for Podium or Poster Presentations
2. Names and credentials of all co-authors. In case of multiple authors, indicate presenting author
3. Abstract: Text must not exceed 250 words
4. Research abstracts should include the following: objectives, methods, results, and conclusions (must include implications for nursing)
5. Conceptual abstracts should include an introduction, description of basic concepts, and implications for nursing
6. Research abstracts must be completed projects
7. Learning objectives (no more than 3)
8. Select your preferred presentation format (podium preferred, poster preferred, podium only, or poster only). The Abstract Review Committee will make the final decision based on program scheduling and relevance of the topic.
Abstract Submission for Symposia
2. Names and credentials of all co-authors for the symposia
3. An overview of the theme (not to exceed 250 words)
4. Learning objectives (no more than 3)
5. A minimum of 3 abstracts (not to exceed 350 words describing each presentation) with a common theme (Include a summary abstract along with names and credentials of all co-authors for each abstract)
The abstract must include a 2-page CV/resume of the presenter(s) for a podium, symposium, or poster session.
Abstracts selected for Podium and Symposium will be published in
the Asian Pacific Island Nursing Journal (APN) and Top 10 selected abstracts will be invited to submit full article for consideration to be published in APN journal
Download Abstract Information call-for-abstracts-aapina-2017-due-date-extended-nov-1-2016